VALENTINE’S SPECIAL RECIPES
As always we bring you special recipes for Valentine’s Day ny none other than Swapnadeep Mukherjee, Executive Chef, The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa
Chocolate Heart Peanut Butter Cookie
Unsalted butter 112 gm
Granulated sugar 100 gm
Packed brown sugar, light or dark 110 gm
Peanut butter 130 gm
Large egg 01 no
All-purpose flour 160 gm
Baking soda 3/4 tea spoon
Baking powder 1/2 teaspoon
Kosher salt (don’t use if using salted butter) 1/4 teaspoon
Dark chocolate 100 gm
Make the cookie dough:
- Take a bowl, mix peanut butter and egg, beat unsalted butter until creamy for 2 minutes, add brown sugar and white sugar, beat for another 2 mins. Pour this mixture in the bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl, vigorously whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the sugar butter mixture.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Reheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Shape the cookies
- Shape the dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place the balls of dough about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets (unlined sheets are fine, though you can use parchment paper to line them, if you like). Flatten in a crisscross pattern with a fork (It helps to dip the fork in sugar to keep it from sticking to the dough)
Bake the cookies:
- Bake one sheet at a time on the centre rack at 375°F (190°C) until light brown for 9 to 11 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool in their baking sheets for a minute. After 1 minute, transfer the cookies to a rack to cool completely.
- Melt dark chocolate, pour it in a heart shaped mould and keep it in cool area.
- When cookies are baked, put heart shape chocolate on top and enjoy the crunchy chocolaty taste.
Refined flour 200 gm
Milk 20 ml
Yeast 02 gm
Sugar 05 gm
Salt 2 gm
Oil 5 ml
Water 80 ml
Chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
Chopped or semisweet chocolate
Chopped high-quality white chocolate
Chopped toasted almond
- Preheat oven to 250’ c. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface. Take a heart shaped pizza base cutter to give it a heart shape. Transfer dough to prepared sheet. Make indentations all over dough with fingertips. Bake until golden, for 20 minutes.
- Pour chocolate-hazelnut spread over hot crust, level it. Sprinkle chopped chocolate and white chocolate over. Bake until chocolate begins to melt for 2 minutes. Sprinkle chopped almond, cut into wedges, and serve.
Onion Finely Chopped 50 gm
Tomatoes 100 gm
Whole Cashews 20 gm
Ginger Garlic Paste 5 gm
Butter/Oil 50 ml
Green Chillies 10 hgm
Bay Leaf 01 no
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder 3 gm
Coriander Powder 03 gm
Turmeric Powder 03 gm
Kasoori Methi 01 gm
Water as required
200 grams Paneer 200 gm
- Add bit water to diced tomatoes, ginger garlic paste and cashews. Once the mixture is cooled completely, blend it into smooth paste. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pan, heat butter/oil. Add dried bay leaf and fry for ten second. Add finely chopped onions and fry until translucent. Pour ground tomato, cashew paste in it and fry for 3-4 mins.
- Add some water if required and add all the masala powders – kashmiri red chilli powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder. Add some water if the gravy is too thick. Add slit green chillies and salt. Cook for another 3-4 mins.
- Add Kasoori methi and fresh cream. Mix well. Cut paneer into thin slices and using a heart shaped cutter cut out the hearts and grate some of the paneer too. Add heart shaped Paneer pieces and mix well
- Serve hot with Kulchas/Rotis/Phulkas/Naan.