Beauty tips when you travel
For your beauty care when you travel, think of your travel essentials first. When you are away from home, the means to make yourself attractive are not easily available. So, you need a few tips, to limit your grooming needs when you travel and yet look attractive. Travelling light is an advantage, so you need items that are compact and portable. Get yourself a spacious shoulder bag and two small, plastic lined cases, for your toilet and make-up. Your beauty aids should be within easy reach, so that you can freshen up your make-up and alight from your journey looking well groomed.
Remember to take your sunscreen lotion. An anti-tan sunscreen would be good. Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before going out. If you are out in the sun for more than an hour, re-apply the sunscreen. You may also need moisturiser, hand cream, lip balm. For your makeup, carry an eye-pencil, mascara and lipsticks that are suitable for both day and night wear. Include compact powder and powder blush-on. Remember tissues. If you have oily skin, or the weather is hot and humid, pre-moistened tissues are best. What about your deodorant and talcum powder?
A “pick-me-up” face mask can leave your skin clean and glowing. It removes fatigue and refreshes the skin. Ready-to-use peel-off masks are easily available. For hair care carry hair cream with sunscreen, herbal shampoo, hair serum, small hair dryer and styling tongs.
When you travel by air or land, you may have to sit for long hours. Avoid tight clothes. Keep feet raised with some support, to help circulation and prevent fatigue. Wiggle your toes and make circular motions with your feet, while sitting. Occasionally take a walk down the aisle, to stretch yourself. We hear so much about the “jet lag” phenomenon. Travelling across time zones at high speed can play havoc with the body’s normal cycle and schedule. Eat light meals during the flight. Salads and fruits help to ward off symptoms of jet-lag. Drink plenty of fluids, but no alcohol. Water and fruit juices will help to prevent loss of body fluids…
Even when you are away from home, staying at a hotel or resort, you can easily use natural ingredients for beauty care. Here are a few tips:
- An emergency treatment when you have no time to shampoo. Put a little eau de cologne on your brush and brush your hair. It absorbs oil and leaves your hair cleaner and fragrant.
- If you suddenly find your hair has too much static – or a “fly away” hair problem, wet your hands with water and smooth your palms over the hair. And avoid too much brushing.
To brighten tired eyes, take two used tea bags, soak them in a little warm water, squeeze out the water and apply on the eyes like eye pads. Cotton wool, soaked in rose water, can also do the trick.
- You can use natural ingredients for your hair to improve its look. Ingredients like tea and beer may be easily available while on vacation and can be used to rinse the hair and add shine to it.
- Beer works well for dry hair. Add the juice of a lemon to the beer and rinse the hair with it. Leave on for a few minutes and rinse off with plain water. It softens and smoothens the hair and also adds shine.
- Or add a tea bag to 4 to 5 cups of warm water. Remove tea bag and cool the water. Then add the juice of a lemon and use it as a last rinse. This helps to make the hair silky and shiny.
- Add a little cold milk to sugar and use as a scrub.