With Christmas just round the corner, you must be very excitedly making all the sweets and savouries to celebrate the day with your loved ones. We bring you some Christmas special recipes that Swapnadeep Mukherjee, Executive Chef at The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa (New Delhi) has specially curated for you. Go ahead, and impress your guests with your skills.
Christmas Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Unsalted butter 360gm
Brown sugar 620gm
Chocolate melted 400gm
Chocolate chopped/ chips 1300gm
Cocoa powder 100gm
Baking powder 5gm
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder
- Whisk eggs and sugar until pale yellow and ribbon consistency is achieved
- Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl and set aside
- Mix egg mixture into melted chocolate into even consistency
- Fold in the sieved flour and chopped chocolate or chocolate chips, refrigerate for 20 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree C. Line the baking trays with parchment paper
- Drop the batter into prepared cooking trays with moist fingers press the batter to an even and desired shape
- Bake for 12-15 min or until the tops of the cookies become cracked
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on cooling rack
Ginger Rich Pudding topped with chocolate mousse and fresh berries
Fresh bread crumb 250 gm
Eggs 9 no
Butter unsalted 150 gm
Sugar 150 gm
Dark chocolate 250 gm
Ginger fresh chopped 10 gm
Ginger powder 10 gm
Whipping cream 25 gm
Dark chocolate 100 gm
Butter unsalted 30 gm
Castor sugar 25 gm
Eggs 3 no
Espresso shot 1 no
For Ginger pudding
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixer till light and fluffy
- Add eggs one by one till consumed in the mix.
- Add ginger powder and fresh ginger.
- Add melted dark chocolate.(Use double boiler method to melt chocolate)
- Finally add fresh bread crumb and mix.
- Pour the batter in pre greased mould.
- Bake in oven at 180*Celsius for 12-15 minutes (on water bath)
For Chocolate Mousse
- For the chocolate mousse, bring a little water to the boil in a pan, and then reduce the heat until the water is simmering.
- Suspend a heatproof bowl over the water (do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the water). Add the butter and dark chocolate and stir until melted, smooth and well combined. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until nearly white and thick in consistency.
- Gently stir the whisked yolks into the butter and chocolate, and then add coffee.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form when the whisk is removed, then gently fold them into the chocolate mixture, until just combined. Add whipped cream and chill
- Demould ginger pudding when still hot
- Serve chilled chocolate mousse on the top and fresh berries by side
Gourmet Salami Burger
- 2 slices of your favorite bread (here used a crusty loaf)
- 2 slices of salami
- Brie Cheese
- 3-4 slices of tomato
- Baby spinach and/or baby rocket shopping list
- White pepper
- Toast slices of bread in the toaster or grill them.
- When done, spread the avocado onto 1 slice.
- Add all ingredients to the burger and finish it off with the mayonnaise and pepper.
Gingerbread Eggnog Hot Chocolate
- Milk 6 cups
- Heavy whipping cream 1 cup
- Sugar 2/3 cup
- Egg yolks 4 large
- Chocolate chips 1-1/2 cups
- Ground ginger 1 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract 2 teaspoons
- Whipped cream for serving
- In a large saucepan, whisk milk, cream, sugar and egg yolks until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips, spices, and salt.
- Cook over medium-high heat, whisking occasionally until hot chocolate is steaming and chocolate has melted.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.
- Ladle hot chocolate into serving cups and top with whipped cream and mini chocolate chips, cinnamon. Serve warm.